Job Ref: SCQS-08/Uk/GW
Our client a leader in its field and a reputation of the highest standards in Civil Engineering Contracting with a presence in Uk, Ireland & Mainland Europe. They are seeking a Senior Claims Quantity Surveyor.
We are seeking a Senior Claims QS to join our expanding team; the role will be based in Glasgow. The optimum candidate should have experience in the fields of construction claims management and experience in the various
methods of dispute resolution. The role will focus within the specialist
construction claims team, working on construction claims arising across
Scotland, the UK and potentially on international construction projects.
The portfolio of claims and related dispute work undertaken include a
range of civil engineering projects located in the UK as well as a potential
range of international locations.
The role will involve extensive in civil engineering construction claims work focused on utilities/water projects and also infrastructure construction.
Some limited and very short term international travel to visit projects or
attend high level meetings may be necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong and transferrable experience of working as a
Contractor’s Senior QS or Managing Surveyor is preferred,
with particular reference to having worked on claims matters
arising as a result of having managed a sizeable contract
from commencement to final account, and with responsibility
for managing the claims preparation process throughout the
duration and completion of contracted works.
• Experience of working in or with / in association with a
construction claims team or running a construction claims
• Experience of presenting the construction claims strategy to
be adopted as well as demonstrating command of the detail
of the claim, both orally and in written form to colleagues,
lawyers and senior client representatives with natural gravitas
• Able to offer claims advice to senior Managers and directors
and the process and procedures relating to them that are
available to pursue or rebut a claim
• Experience of applying robust and methodical analytical skills,
while adopting a flexible and adaptable approach to problems
and client requests
• Experience and ability to work alone without supervision to a
high standard, and to collaborate to complete complex tasks
under tight time deadlines
• Ability to provide claims assistance on live contracts and
projects in distress to a high professional standard
• Able to deploy a broad range of prior experience from a
variety of civil engineering sectors, with speciality in Utilities
Qualifications /Educational Requirements
• A Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Cost Management degree is
• Professionally chartered is preferable
• Diploma in Construction Law or similar postgraduate construction law qualification desirable
• 10 years post graduate experience, of which 5 years minimum working for a Civil Engineering contractor
• 3 years’ experience in Civil engineering claims work
• 3 years’ experience in NEC 3 contracts.
• Knowledge of construction programming/delay analysis is
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor with claims and you want to join a leader in its industry with a healthy forecast of orders, Please apply immediately!