Job Ref: CM-CE-34-UK-LN
• Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
• Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
• Role based in London, UK
About the role
We are looking for a Contracts Manager, who will be responsible for all commitments made and contracts awarded on a major Mining Project in Africa: ensuring due process is followed; the project’s needs are met; and the best commercial outcomes are reached for the long-term benefit of our client
As manager of the Contracts team, you lead and give direction and cohesiveness to the team;
manage the individuals in the team to maximize their value and to encourage each
person’s development and job satisfaction.
Reporting to General Manager Project Services, you will:
• As leader and manager of the Contracts Team, responsible for all contracts/commitments
– ensuring robust commercial arrangements are established and maintained, training and working with the PMC Contracts team on the use of appropriate contract management methods, tools and processes, ensuring acceptable risk allocation by use of model documents and controls on deviations, encouraging timely resolution of contractor issues
• Be accountable for diverse range of individuals forming the Contracts Team – their performance, development, succession and retention- by daily coaching, leading and mentoring so as to enable maximum mutual value and benefit to the business and to each individual.
• Ensure best practice and sharing of knowledge by communicating and collaborating with the team, to maximize value for the business.
• Develop contracting strategies, plans, justifications and other documents essential for due process and planning, to enable smooth and timely implementation of the project.
• Be responsible for contracting methodologies and strategies: analysing risks and needs, articulating strategies and structuring and drafting appropriate contracts so as to give maximum value to the business.
• Ensure a two-way dialogue is maintained between the Contracts team, RT Projects Legal, and RT Procurement to complement the efforts and skills of all groups for the maximum benefit of the company
• Be responsible for contracting and corporate governance procedures which should be up to date and reflect best practice.
• Be responsible for contractor/contracts related programme wide initiatives, arrangements and systems, including: negotiating (with input from RT Projects Legal) and ongoing management of framework agreements with key contractors; management of the contracts management system; electronic approvals system initiative.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor degree or higher in relevant field;
• Solid experience, including hands on experience, in the capital and construction/projects industry;
• Previous experience in working on high capex, complex mine development projects a must;
• Management experience;
• Excellent people management and leadership skills to manage and lead strong minded;
• Highly developed communication and relationship skills to manage/build/develop internal and external relationships with a range of parties and facilitate/influence/change behavior;
• Excellent negotiating skills;
• Ability to understand engineering concepts supporting design and construction of mines and associated infrastructure;
• Focus on continuous improvement.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
• A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
• A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
• Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
• Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
• Excellent retirement plan
• A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life
(vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
• Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
• Generous company employee share program
Please apply immediately with up to date CV in confidence to [email protected]