• Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in an Engineering / Science Discipline required
• Post Graduate qualification or similar in Management / Quality desirable
• Minimum of 10+ years working in an Engineering / Construction environment, 5+ in a Senior Management Engineering function and 3+ in Senior Quality function essential
• Develop and sustain the Quality Management System (QMS) in line with the required industry standards, accreditation requirements and business requirements across the Group through existing and new procedures.
• Ensure that all quality-focused activities operate in accordance with local health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff, craft labour and visitors.
• Conduct risk assessments of quality processes in conjunction with Group EHS.
• Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes (administrative & craft) throughout the business. This includes auditing to ensure compliance by a third party accredited body where appropriate.
• Manage the audit schedule of all group activities (administrative & craft). Ensure that all nonconformities raised via internal/external audits are rectified, verified and control measures put in place. Produce quarterly findings report for all Directors across the Group to ensure continual improvement and compliance.
• Encourage and embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the Group.
• Manage all quality based certification requirements. Liaise directly with external bodies on all matters relating to registration; while maintaining and improving them, in line with business needs.
• Oversee the development and execution of all welding procedures, specifications, fabrication/assembly standards and codes/standards.
• Oversee the development and execution of all electrical installation specifications, standards and codes/standards.
• Oversee the maintenance of all in-house systems and procedures to ensure they are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies, Clients and the business.
• Review the Quality section of Tender Documents with regard to administrative, materials, and craft labour (fabrication & assembly) requirements prior to Tender Submission.
• Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all Client requirements and audits.
• Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate, for example by business need / through lessons learned / directive and standards.
• Direct the Group wide team of Quality Managers (Company, Division & Project based) to achieve quality management system targets on a quarterly basis as set out by the Board of Directors.
• Provide for training the Group wide team of Quality Managers in all aspects of the quality management system and application of procedures.
• Undertake regular internal and process audits of the QMS. Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address nonconformities found; and verify closure of nonconformities
• Hold monthly performance meetings with the Group wide team of Quality Managers team in order to;
o Identify business improvement opportunities within the Group,
o Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility,
o Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance.
o Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
• Hold annual Quality Management Review / Seminar.
• Report monthly on achievement of targets and identify any actions required to the company Engineering Directors for consideration.
If you are a Quality Manager from a Construction or MEP background please apply immediately with up to date CV to [email protected]